SETTING THE STAGE FOR BRIGHTER FUTURES
The transformative power of our theatre residencies sets the stage for young people in developing countries to overcome the barriers of poverty and inequality.
International Theatre Project students learn how to present their ideas confidently, solve problems collaboratively and look at themselves and their world differently.
The International Theater Project uses theater as a catalyst for education, self-discovery and empowerment among young people in disenfranchised communities worldwide. We strive to nurture their voices as future leaders for change and community development.
THEATRE TRAINING IS A PASSPORT TO A REIMAGINED FUTURE
"There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you" - Zora Neale Hurston
EXPANDING THE BOUNDARIES OF THEATRE
- We create multi-year, community-based theatre residencies for children and teen-agers in developing countries with a special focus on countries and regions recovering from conflict or trauma.
- We are currently in the eighth year of residencies in South Africa and Rwanda
- Previous residencies were conducted in Tanzania, Ethiopia, India and Indonesia.
- We have served over 1875 students since 2005
- “My experience with ITP was mind changing. They taught me to know more about myself and to find aspects of myself I didn't know I had. I am more confident than I thought and capable of doing a lot"
- - Faith, 17, South Africa